Scope of Highway Engineering

SCOPE OF HIGHWAY ENGINEERING


PHASES
DETAILS

Development planning and location



Highway design, geometrics and structures




Traffic performance and its control




Materials, constructions and maintenance







Economics, finance and administrations
Historical backgrounds; Basis for planning; Master plan; Engineering survey and highway alignment.

Road geometrics and their design; Rigid and flexible pavements; Design factors and thickness design; Overlay design; Design of drainage system.

Traffic studies analysis; Need for new road links; Traffic regulation and control; Intersection design and their control with sign, signals, islands and markings.

Highway materials and mix design; Highway constructions; Earth work, different types of pavements; Earthen, soil stabilized, water bound macadam, bituminous surface and cement concrete road; Pavement failure; Pavement evaluation, maintenance of pavements and drainage system.

Road user cost and economic analysis of highway projects; Pavement types and maintenance measures; Highway finance and phasing of expenditures; Administrations.



Comments

  1. I am a newly graduate civil engineer and I am looking into the geosyntheic industry as my focus of expertise. Nice to see articles like this to broaden my knowledge. https://geoq.com.au/services/geosynthetic-liner-repairs/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for this kind of site. I am working for a construction skills training company and thank goodness I found this article.It really helps me a lot.I will bookmark your blogsite so I could read more. Thanks! https://gtstraining.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Development of roads - TRESAGUET CONSTRUCTION

Development of roads - TELFORD CONSTRUCTION

Development of roads - METCALF CONSTRUCTIONS